Bachelor of Engineering Technology
Design Your Future
Skilled technologists are in demand. In fact, demand exceeds supply. Cape Breton University has a well-earned reputation for excellence in the development and delivery of technological education. Our expertise is reflected in the innovative Bachelor of Engineering Technology (BET) degree, which is dedicated to providing a one-of-a-kind education to fill a in-demand career.
The BET degree program prepares students to meet the challenges and opportunities facing todays technical graduates. Flexible and timely programs get you through school and into the working world with options of structuring your degree based on your career goals. Program options include two-year diploma programs within Instrumentation, Electronics and Controls, and Petroleum as well as four year advanced degrees. Talk to an Enrolment Services Professional to structure your degree to fit the future you have in mind.
Why a BET at CBU?
Invent, design and innovate.
- CBUs BET program has paved the way in technical engineering education. It was the first of its kind and only two out of five schools in Canada currently offer a similar program.
- CBU is at the forefront of environmental studies. CBU is a carbon-neutral campus and home to the Verschuren Centre for Sustainability in Energy and Environment (VCSEE), steering research in the areas of Green Mining technologies, mine water remediation, nanoparticle research related to environmental monitoring and biofuel-related projects.
- According to Industry Canada, the average annual salary for starting Engineering Technologists is $47,872, depending on discipline and province of employment.
- BET degrees are designed to be flexible. Two, three and four year programs available with opportunities to take some areas of study via distance courses. Structure your degree for the career you want.
- Many graduates quickly find jobs in the oil and gas industry. Engineering technologists can work in many different industries in Cape Breton or across Canada. CBU BET graduates have found employment in industries and organizations including:
- Petroleum industry (Suncor, Exxon Mobile, Imperial Oil, Schlumberger Canada)
- Power utilities (Nova Scotia Power, Hydro Quebec)
- Nuclear industry (Bruce Power in Ontario, Atomic Energy of Canada)
- Manufacturing (General Motors, Pratt & Whitney)
- Telecommunications (Bell Canada, Eastlink)
- Steel plants (Essar Steel Algoma)
- Smelters (Vale Canada)
- Municipalities, Provincial Governments and Hospitals
- Educational institutions (Cape Breton University, Nova Scotia Community College, New Brunswick Community College)
- Pulp and paper (Port Hawkesbury Paper)
- Independent Businesses and small service companies
- Consulting or engineering management firms
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 45 hours
- Skill level Beginner
- Language English
- Students 10
- Assessments Yes