Master of Education in Sustainability, Creativity and Innovation
Be an Agent for Change
The Master of Education in Sustainability, Creativity, and Innovation (MEd SCI) provides educators with the core competencies to become leaders in sustainability education. Itĺs designed for both formal and non-formal educators, administrators, innovators, classroom teachers, and environmental, community, and sustainability leaders. This graduate program provides students with the knowledge and skills to create transformative learning opportunities for others.
MEd SCI uses the competencies foráEducation for Sustainable Developmentá(ESD) that have been defined by theáUnited Nations.áThis program emphasizes the significance of using a holistic approach that enables the learner to envision change and engage in personal and professional transformation. Applying these sustainability principles with creativity and an entrepreneurial orientation contributes to sustainable well-being for all.
MEd SCI is offered by CBU in partnership witháLearning for a Sustainable Future(LSF).
Why SCI at CBU?
- CBU is home to theáVerschuren Centre for Sustainability in Energy and the Environment, a research and development leader for clean technology.
- CBU is committed to being a leader in developing programming and providing opportunities that foster sustainability creativity and innovation. Our faculty is committed to teaching excellence and undertaking original research to support the sustainability scholarship.
- Enhance your skills and resume with field-based research experiences, practical project design and implementation in the setting of your choice.
- Position yourself as an empowered leader and change agent in the emerging fields of sustainability scholarship and the green economy by deepening your knowledge with engaging content and innovative ideas.
- Take groundbreaking courses related to sustainable happiness, sustainability education, Aboriginal culture and language, positive mental health, and Living Schools.
- CBU places such importance on sustainability based education that all ouráBEdcourses have a sustainability component with all students completing a core course calledáTeaching and Learning for a Sustainable Future.
- CBU partnered witháEfficiency Nova Scotiaáto participate in the two-year On-site Energy Manager program. During this program, one of their engineers was on campus, working closely with the facilities management to develop a business plan for energy saving projects. The project is a key part of the CBU commitment to reducing its energy consumption, consists of installing new controls, metering, hardware, programming software, and other upgrades to the lighting systems.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 1 hour
- Skill level Beginner
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes